Here you will find the latest information and advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For any help please don’t hesitate to contact any councillor
What is Coronavirus and what should I do?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness (virus) that can affect your lungs and airways.
In order to protect everyone and yourself please follow the recommendations, detailed below, from the UK Government.
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
What can I now do that I could not before?
The UK Government has set out its plan to return life to as near normal as we can, for as many people as we can, as quickly and fairly as possible in order to safeguard livelihoods, but in a way that is safe and continues to protect our NHS.
Please see the link below for the very latest up to date guidance from the UK Government.
How can I stop the infection spreading?
Things to do
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Things not to do
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
What do I do if I need medical help?
You should still go to hospital in a serious or life-threatening emergency, or if you feel very unwell.
Otherwise, speak to the GP, hospital or other NHS care provider. They will tell you if you need to go in person.
If you need help or advice not related to coronavirus
- for health information and advice, use the NHS website or your GP surgery website
- for urgent medical help, use the NHS 111 online service – only call 111 if you’re unable to get help online
- for life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance
If you are unsure about your health, please don’t risk it, get it checked out by a medical professional.
How do I explain Coronavirus to children?
It’s important to be calm, honest and informed when speaking to children about news related to be coronavirus. You can start by asking your child what they already know about the coronavirus.
Many times, children can take their cues from adults, so it’s important to answer their questions and address any misinformation simply and calmly. It also helps to validate their feelings, while reminding them what’s in their power—washing hands thoroughly and often, coughing and sneezing into their elbow, getting plenty of sleep, etc.
This is as important a time as ever to model strong behavior when it comes to practicing good hygiene.
Guide Sheets, Advice and Updates
If anyone is unable to access the shops and are in need of urgent items please do not hesitate to get in touch with either
Chair of the Parish Council – Angela Bamber – 01257 451335
Clerk to the Parish Council – Alan Whittaker – 01257 453456
Thank You and Stay Safe